We are all by now used to life looking a little different to how it did BC (Before COVID), and yoga classes are no exception! But hopefully the feeling you get from practising yoga will still be the same.
Please take your time to familiarise yourself with the below information before your in-person classes at the studio. It may look like a lot but we promise to make it all feel as relaxed and smooth as possible and that we will always provide as warm a welcome as the days when all we had to worry about was whether we had brewed enough hot tea before class!
- Please be sure that neither you nor anyone in your household has experienced a high temperature or any of the symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your intended visit to the studio.
- Wherever possible, classes must now be booked in advance via our website or the MBO app as we cannot guarantee entry to walk-ins. You will now need to bring your own yoga mat and any props you like to use in class, so don't forget those - although we do also have some yoga mats to rent for a small £2 cleaning fee so don't worry if you don't have one! Please also come dressed in your yoga kit ready for class so that we can keep the toilets free.
- Because of the heavily reduced studio capacity we have had to extend our early cancellation window for class bookings to 12 hours so that other students have the opportunity to book one of the spaces if you need to cancel. This means that you can cancel any class bookings for free 12+ hours before class but any cancellations made under that time will be charged.
- It's important that we have your most up to date contact information on your MBO account, so please do check that!
- Please aim to be at the studio 15 minutes before the class starts and follow the socially-distanced queuing system outside the front door. We will let you in to the studio one at a time so that we can control the flow of people in the space - this shouldn't take too long but please do remember your umbrella or coat for classes in the winter just in case you need to wait a few minutes before being let in!
- As soon as you come in to the building please clean your hands using either the automated hand sanitiser dispenser at the door or otherwise there is a sink and soap in the reception area.
- Unless exempt, everyone entering the studio must wear a face mask which needs to remain on until you are on your yoga mat, but then you are welcome to remove it for class and grin maniacally at the teacher. Please then remember to put it back on again at the end of class.
- We have an NHS QR code clearly visible at the front entrance so you can scan this when you arrive on your smart phone (your presence in class will also be logged on our booking system).
- Finally, our reception team will ask you to complete a verbal health screening before entry into any and all classes.
IN THE SPACE
- Once you have cleared airport security (aka reception), please pop your shoes in the racks by the front door and then leave your bags and coats in the cubbies, remembering to observe social distancing at all times. We have lockers available for any small valuables so you can ask reception for a key for one of these (which will be sanitised after you return it).
- As soon as you're ready you can head on in to the studio with your mat and place it in one of the 8 clearly marked spots in studio. Make yourself comfy and get settled before class!
- The teacher will remain on their mat throughout class to retain safe social distancing, so there will not be any hands-on adjustments.
- Many of our classes will be siultanously livestreamed on Zoom, but the camera will always be focussed on the teacher so no one else in the room will be in shot.
- When you come back down to earth after a hopefully lovely yoga practice, please pop your mask back on, roll up your mat, and then wash/sanitise your hands once more in reception or in the bathrooms.
- Please remember to continue observing social distancing at all times as you gather your belongings and pop your shoes back on.
- If you borrowed a key for a locker please return this to reception on your way out.
- Float out onto Lavender Hill basking in your own post-yoga glow.
Thank you in advance for supporting and following these new guidelines and procedures. We can't wait to welcome you back into the studio!