Congratulations on taking the plunge into a 30 Day Yoga Challenge! We've put together 5 tips on how to survive and succeed during a month of yoga every day:
- Set your own goals. Yes, 30 days of yoga is a pretty big goal in it's own right, but take some time to get clear on why you're doing the challenge and what you want to accomplish. Do you want to deepen your knowledge of ? Do you want to work on developing your arm balances? Do you want to start a meditation practice? Write it down and then look forward to checking back in with it at the end of the month!
- Plan ahead. We recommend booking your classes one week ahead of time. This gives you the accountability of coming to class, with the flexibilty if unexpected plans pop up. If you need to cancel (at least 3 hours before class please!), make sure you re-book your replacement class at the same time so you don't get behind.
- Create balance. While it may be tempting at the beginning to go to full on Flow and Power classes, we recommend peppering your schedule with Restorative and Hatha classes too. This gives your body a chance to rest and recover and ultimately give you enough energy to last the 30 days! Remember we have also set aside 1 day per week that is a 'rest' day for you to do your own meditation practice.
- Eat well and stay hydrated. Food = fuel. For most people this will be quite a physical (and mental) challenge so make sure you set yourself up for success by drinking plenty of water (8 glasses or 2L of water a day) and a balanced diet.
- Have fun! Take your yoga off the mat and be kind to yourself. If you miss a day, don't beat yourself up. Take a moment to re-focus, remember why you're doing it, and get back on the mat. Practicing yoga every day is pointless if you're going to end up stressed out.